Physioactive understands how much of an impact pain can have on a persons life.
Chronic Pain affects more than 3.4 million Australians, with 43% of people who experience pain can live with the condition for more than 5 years.
At Physioactive we understand how much of an impact pain can have on a person life and how at times it can feel very overwhelming without knowing what to do.
Our physiotherapists are equipped to help people who have been suffering with chronic pain. We have Titled Pain Physiotherapists-meaning they have had further training, study and experience in treating, assessing and managing painful conditions.
When you see a physiotherapist they will be able to;
- Perform a thorough assessment asking about current symptoms history of the injury.
- Perform a thorough physical examination and testing.
- Provide a diagnosis and explanation as to what the problem is and why you are experiencing pain
- Provide a treatment and management plan to help reduce your pain
- Communicate with other medical practitioners if required.
Some of the treatment and management physiotherapy can provide can include;
- Graded Exercise Program. Develop an exercise program tailored to the patients needs.
- Graded Activity exposure
- Pain Education with current pain concepts.
- Pain Management strategies which may include pacing, flare-up plans,
- Trial of TENS machine
- Manual therapies (if indicated)